- Big Six have lost 8 percent of market to challenger brands in three years
- Good customer service still the key to consumer trust
- Price remains the most important factor when choosing to switch provider
- Green credentials increasingly important for consumers wanting to switch
- 70 percent of 18-34 year olds want energy conservation advice
- Email still customers’ preferred channel of communication
London, 19 May 2021 – A new survey has revealed that the ‘Big Six’ energy providers have lost ground to challenger brands over the past three years, revealing that the market share of the Big Six has reduced by 8 percent (dropping to 60 percent in 2021 from 68 percent in 2018) as new entrants muscle in on the marketplace.
The REaD Group survey, which revisits consumer opinions of their energy providers from 2018, interviewed 2,003 UK consumers aged 18 to 55+ and was conducted by Opinium.
REaD Group logo
British Gas, E.ON and EDF…